Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Day at Home.

Well, it's done.LSP and I took Soldier-Boy in last night to post. As he pointed out this was the third time I have left him at that very same building for a deployment. (For the Iraq deployment we were living in elsewhere.)

We had a nice last day at home. The weather was picture-postcard-Bavarian perfect and we look a long walk through the fields near our house. Then a nap for everyone and pizza for dinner. We watched LSP play outside for awhile and color with her crayons in her room while we ate pizza. She ate a bunch of my pizza too - she especially loved the roasted red peppers. Daddy gave her a Build-A-Bear with a message from him in it, and I took some video of him reading her a book so she can watch it over and over.

We took him in hung around while he did a final clean out of his office, drew his weapon and took care of paperwork. It was waaaaaaay past LSP's bedtime but she did very well. She had a good time dancing on a manhole cover (Why? Who knows.) and listening to the sounds in the night - peeper frogs especially. Daddy showed her the moon and the stars and she wanted to lie on her back and look up at the sky. Finally she started to melt down from exhaustion so we knew it was time to go. We said our good byes and she waved at Bill, "Bye-Bye!" I am sure it is a blessing that she does not really understand right now, but it made me so sad. As I pulled away I was crying (of course) and she kept saying "Hi, Mommy! Hi, Mommy!" over and over. I think she was checking on me. She was asleep before we even got off post.

My goal with this blog is to document this next year. I am giong to try to blog everyday, keeping everyone updated to what is happening with Soldier-Boy and LSP and me. (And Shiloh, too!) Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers - I know how much it hurts. We love you all... Rachel

    ReplyDelete