Saturday, February 26, 2011

PCSing is Not Fun, (aka The Post in Which I Complain Endlessly)

It is never fun to PCS, even when you want to go, which this time we do not.  And PCSing back and forth over the Atlantic is particularly un-fun.  But this PCS, this one will go down in history as the biggest PCS pain in the butt to date.   And we're not even half way there.  I'm not sure if it was the recent return of Soldier-Boy from Afghanistan, or my badly time appendicitis, or the addition of a lively 2.5 year old, or our overall sadness and reluctance to leave this place, but this move really stinks.  We are grumpy and short-tempered and stressed.  Almost everything than can go wrong has gone wrong.  Almost.  Every time we turn around we bump into another paperwork road block.  Nothing is cooperating, and everything is harder than it should be.  I'm sick of it, quite frankly.  I just want to yell and scream and stomp my feet and kick the floor.  But since I am trying to discourage that beahvior in my toddler, I refrain. 

Everyone tells us will we grow to love our new posting.  That seems hard to believe right now.  I hope they are right.  We are still months away from being totally settled, but it seems like years.  I remember when PCSing was like a new exciting Army adventure.  That was a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment