Monday, May 24, 2010

Walking and Washing

This morning I was getting ready to work out when LSP requested "Take a walk! Take a walk in backpack!" Then, looking around the room she said, "Where's Daddy?" So, 11 hours after we left him on post, she asked the question for the first time. I know it's not the last. I nearly started to cry. He has been home a lot this past week and he has been getting her in the mornings and after her naps and making her breakfast, so I know she was really wondering where we went. Anyway, I decided to strap on the baby backpack and took a long hard walk. It was a beautiful day to be outside, and Shiloh appreciated it too.

This afternoon we went to the PX and commissary, someplace we spend entirely too much time. After getting home I was giving LSP her dinner, a kiddie meal of pasta in red sauce, when I hear her say "Washing the hair!" and see her rubbing her sauce-covered hands all over her head. Yup, washing the hair is what we're going to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment