Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Strike up the Band - Day 200

Really?!?  Day 200?!?  Wow.  That's all I can say about that.

LSP had a well baby check up today and they did a blood draw and gave her a shot.  She put up a FIGHT both times.  Also when they wanted to look in her ears.  Both the nurse and the doctor remarked how strong she is.  Yup, I was the one trying to hold her down!  The doctor was quite impressed with LSP's verbal skills, especially how clearly she speaks.  She comes from a long line of talkers.

After her appointment I ran to Target.  I told her where we we going and when we drove past the store in search of a parking spot she said, "It has a hole!"  "What has a hole?"  I asked.  "The Target!"  she said in an exasperated voice.  Well, of course it does, I thought, looking up at the logo.

On the way home she informed me she wanted to play an instrument.  I ran through a long list of instruments and she rejected all of them.  "Tuba?"  I asked.  "No, the tuba is too loud," she informed me.  Flute?  No.  Piano?  No.  Guitar?  No.  Trumpet?  No.  Eventually I had to really reach into the unusual instruments.  Harpsichord?  No.  Sitar?  No.  Theremin?  "No," she said.  "No theremin."  Then a pause.  "George likes the theremin," she said in a matter-of-fact way.  He does?  Interesting...







Cooling off her food with Nanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment