Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pretty Kitty - Day 175

Well I'm sore today.  Really sore.  And my arms and legs are covered with bruises, some of them pretty impressive.  And the day went on I got more sore.  I'd do it again, though!

Today LSP got a flashlight and pointed it at Shiloh's eyes.  "I'm playing dog doctor," she announced.  The poor dog has been the subject of her attention a lot the last few days.  Yesterday she was chasing her and trying to put a baseball hat on her and I said, "What are you doing to that poor dog?"  So LSP began to yell, "Poor dog!  Poor dog!  Come here poor dog!"  When she found her on the sofa she yelled in glee, "There you are, knucklehead!"  (Grampy often calls the dogs that.)  Of course I laughed which caused her to then run around after the dog yelling, "Knuclehead!  Knucklehead!"  It's a good thing these dogs are so patient.

She has been doing a lot more pretending as well.  Just this week she has started to pretend that she is an animal, crawling around on all fours.  Today she was a cat, meowing on all fours.  Nana said, "What a pretty kitty," and for the rest of the day she narrated everything Pretty Kitty was doing or wanted to do.  "Pretty Kitty needs a jacket.  Pretty Kitty is thirsty.  Pretty Kitty wants to go upstairs,"  all accompanied by meowing and purring.

Tonight she was playing with her building blocks in the corner, then jumped up to tell us all, "I made a cat home!"  Better than a cat house, I guess.
Look!  Her hair is long enough for a ponytail!


I think she was pretending to take a photo.

Shiloh gets examined by the dog doctor.


The stuffed dog gets a check up next.

Both patients relaxing.

Tonight Pretty Kitty needed boots, a jacket, gloves and her obstacle course medal.  Can't explain the jack 'o lantern bucket.



1 comment:

  1. WOW! With her hair in a ponytail, she looks SO grown up!! I can't wait to hang out with you guys when you get back to Germany!

    ReplyDelete