Monday, August 9, 2010

Cake Boss - Day 78

How much trash can one family reunion make? Lots and lots!




Yes, it looks a little like a purple worm cupcake. But it's my first attempt, people! I think it's cute.


The last of the reunion-goers left today closing out the 2010 family reunion. It was a small one, but fun! Now LSP will have several days of coming down off the tons of attention, party time high. She was very good today, though, and had fun playing quietly in the house. At one point she stood up and banged to top of her head on a table. She cried and wanted me to kiss it. When that didn't do the job, she then insisted I pour some water from my water bottle onto her head to "wash" it. that seemed to satisfy her.

It was night two of my cake decorating class. I learned a lot again and we put together a cake, complete with a chocolate filling! We ran out of time in the class and I had to do the last of of decorating pretty quickly, but it still turned out not bad for a first time attempt I think! I made the cake, filling and frosting all from scratch, then decorated it myself. I think tomorrow I enjoy a piece. Then quickly get rid of the rest as the last few days have been a non-stop parade of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment