Sunday, August 29, 2010

Problem Solving - Day 98

Reading and walking with Nanny and Papa.


Trying to blow a dandelion. Look how filthy her hands are!

A shows off his mad scooter skillz with his signature flippity flip flop.


Today Nanny and Papa came over for a visit and they tried to take LSP outside - until the mosquitos attacked! In the middle of the day! Very unusual. She had a nice visit with them, anyway. Then we went to get an ice cream with my friend K and her son A. A treated us to a show of his scooter skills at the local skate park while LSP collect handfuls of rocks...and broken glass. Nice.

Today LSP wanted me to draw "[mumble, mumble] Elizabeth!" Huh? I said, and asked her to repeat it, which she did, about 15 times. When I still could not understand what she wanted me to draw she let out a big sigh and said, "Draw Clifford, then." That I understood. She has been into the Clifford the Big Red Dog books lately. So I drew a large floppy-eared dog, then she made her first request yet again and this time I got it: "Draw Emily Elizabeth," the name of Clifford's owner in the books. I was impressed at her resourcefulness. I didn't understand her request, so instead of throwing a fit, she had me draw Clifford, then made her request again, in effect "leading" me towards what she wanted me to do. What a smart little cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment