Thursday, August 19, 2010

Silver Karma - Day 88

Hanging out with Uncle M in the barn.

Chillin' in the hammock at K's house.


I didn't get a very good shot, but she was wearing the most adorable red-white-and-blue tutu today. Until the diaper blow-out.

OK, so hers have pink flowers, but they're close!


Another busy one today. This morning I went to Kohl's and found something I have been looking for - silver sparkly Chuckies! I posted before about how I am thrilled to see Converse All-Stars making a come back. I wore them in high school and college all the time. I had all sorts of fabulous colors! (And only paid like $15 a pair for them too.) So recently I saw the silver ones in a magazine and I have been on the search ever since. And today I found them! Hurrah! (Paid more than $15, though). On the way out of the shoe section I spotted a pair of silver sparkly shoes in the baby section. Not Chuckies, but the same general style. There was one pair left. In LSP's size. And marked down. Now we have matching shoes. Isn't that cute?

This afternoon we went to K's house to swim in the pool. LSP had fun, of course. We brought cupcakes as a snack to share with the other kids, and LSP licked all the frosting off of one, then wanted another. There were plenty to go around, so I let her have another one, telling her that it was going to be the last one. Naturally when all the frosting was gone from THAT cupcake she wanted more. When I told her no, she, of course, threw herself to the ground to begin the 2-year-old tantrum routine. And promptly skinned her knee on the concrete. Much crying followed until K produced a Band-Aid to cover the wound.

After swimming we went with L, S and A (see yesterday's post) to visit another friend, JN and her daughter JL. The kids had a blast together. Wish we all lived closer so we could do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment