Friday, September 24, 2010

Another Fair - Day 124

Great start to the day when, due to a blunder, I put in a contact lens that had been soaking in non-neutralized solution into my eye.  Basically this means I put hydrogen peroxide directly into my let eye.  I said a whole lot of the words that George Carlin says you can't say on TV.  Talk about PAIN.  Ten minutes of eye rinsing later and I am still left with a sore eyeball.  As I stood over the sink running water into my eye, LSP crept up to me and said, "Are you OK?"  It was very sweet. 

This afternoon one of the local military units had a small "partnership fest" in our neighborhood with some neighboring towns.  LSP took one look at it out the car window and declared, "Wanna go fair!  Wanna go horsey ride!" I told her there was no horsey ride but we could go see a tank.  We saw the tank, and she jumped in a couple of jumpy houses, and played with a beanbag toss game.  Then off to the side I saw they were indeed giving horsey rides!  Made a liar out of me.  The line was forever long, though, so we had to opt out.  Other places to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment