Sunday, September 26, 2010

Explosion - Day 126

I am not the world's perfect housekeeper.  This is not a secret.  But today in a fit of neatness I decided to clean the fridge.  I took the plastic drawers and the glass shelf out of the bottom of the fridge and let them sit out awhile while I cleaned the rest.  Then I put the shelf in the sink to clean.  It EXPLODED.  And I do mean exploded.  It sounded like a gun shot. it shattered into a million pieces and they flew everywhere.  I felt them hit my front, my glasses.  LSP was standing only a few feet away and I shrieked and turned to her right away.  There she stood amongst the broken glass, she was totally fine except scared out of her wits.  Neither of us had on shoes and my clothes were covered with a fine glass dust.  She listened to me well and stood totally still while I stripped off my clothes and used them to step on to reach her.  I got her out of the kitchen, and stripped her clothes off, too.  She watched George while I cleaned.  I used a measuring cup to scoop the glass out of my sink and there was at least five CUPS of glass.  The floor was covered too.  What in incredible mess.  Thank God we were both OK.

The rest of the day was much less eventful.  We played, we colored, we went to the park.  A quiet Sunday in Germany.







No comments:

Post a Comment