Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mall Rats - Day 18

Soldier-boy in Sandland. Isn't he cute?


This orange spaceship thing was her favorite.



Today was cold and rainy here so we took LSP to the mall where they have a little free play area with stuff to climb on. She played there for awhile, then ventured on over to the arcade across the way for what will probably be the cheapest arcade trip of my life. She does not know that if you put a quarter into the stuff they do things. (Quarter?? Am I dating myself?) So she was perfectly content to sit on the little rides and games and look at the flashing lights without ever spending any money at all.

After that we went to Walmart to pick up a couple of needed things. I can't stand Walmart and it has nothing to do with their horrible treatment of their employees or their questionable business practices or anything like that. I hate Walmart because every Walmart on the face of the earth has the same nasty plastic-y, Walmart-y smell to it. As soon as you walk in the door you can smell it. Yeech! Dad says maybe they all get sent the same huge industrial-sized bucket of floor polish or something. They stink! All of the them! I avoid shopping in Walmarts because I hate the nasty Walmart smell. Give me Target any day of the week. Sadly, this mall does not have a Target. That's the other mall.

Tonight my mother-in-law took me out for a very yummy anniversary dinner. I have been very good about what I eat since I have been here, but tonight I ate like crazy! It was delish and we had a wonderful time!

Finally, I forgot to mention that yesterday was 16 years since Soldier-boy went Active Duty in the Army. Wow! That is a lot of years of hard work for the Man. And that is not even counting the 7 years he did in the Reserves before that. I'm very proud of my soldier-boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment