Sunday, June 20, 2010

Walk, Watermelon and Wii - Day 28


Wiiiiiiii!!!!

Aunt L and LSP cheer on Uncle M.







This morning I participated in a 5K fun run/walk here for a local charity started in memory of a young girl who passed away. It was a very well attended event and they raised a lot of money, which is great. I saw some friends from high school which was fun. I ran the 5K and did pretty well, coming in under my goal time. It is especially gratifying to pass the high school kids in the last mile. Eat my 40-year-old dust, kids!

This afternoon Uncle M and Aunt L came down for Father's Day and to celebrate my parents' anniversary. Nana, Aunt L and I went to Marshall's (always fun!) and LSP stayed to play with Grampy and Uncle M. She looooooooves Uncle M and Aunt L, going bonkers when she sees them. After dinner we had some watermelon, which LSP found interesting. She late a little of it, but mostly she liked to run around the deck holding it.

For my parents' anniversary we gave them a Wii. I have never played one before - boy it was fun! I like the boxing best so far, and not just because I kicked Uncle M's butt.

Tonight as I was rocking LSP to sleep she put her cheek up against mine and I could feel her eyelashes as she fell asleep. Butterfly kisses from my beautiful baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment