Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Very Good Day - Day 24





The first thing some of you may notice is that I have changed the names on this blog. I got worrying about internet security and OPSEC and all that, and I decided not to use first names. I had already been avoiding last names, but now I will use aliases instead of first names. I will refer to my hubby as "Soldier-Boy" and my daughter as LSP (short for "Little Sweet Pea"). Other aliases will come up as needed. I had already mentioned some friends by name and I went back and deleted them. I also deleted some comments with names in them. So if you got deleted don't take it personally, I'm only thinking good OPSEC here!

Today I had a fun day. First I went and got a haircut and it turned out great. Next I went shopping or awhile BY MYSELF. Other mommies will appreciate how wonderful that can be! I went to all sorts of stores and had a great time. Then I came home to find a very tasty fruit bouquet from a friend. It was perfect timing - I has skipped lunch! I proceeded to eat myself silly on chocolate covered strawberries. Mmmmmmmm! Then my mother-in-law came over and watched LSP while I went out to dinner with my parents at a favorite restaurant. I t was super yummy! I came home to a delivery of flowers from Soldier-Boy! What a great day. Of only Soldier-Boy could have been here with me, it would have been perfect.

While I was shopping Grampy and Nana took LSP to the pet store, or the "Free Zoo". (Thanks "Flight of the Conchords"!) Most of the small animals were sleeping, but she did get to check out the fish and birds. This afternoon she wanted to walk the dog, but pulling Shiloh around with her by elbows is a no-go and Sarah is not interested in such activities, so Grampy put the leash on a stuffed dog and LSP dragged it around the kitchen. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment