Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Whine and Cheese - Day 9

Jet lag is kicking in full force tonight. Right now LSP is looking at photos on the computer with Grampy as we struggle to keep her up to a normal hour to try to get her turned around. I'm exhausted too.

LSP had a fun morning, playing outside on the playground and in the sandbox with Grampy for literally hours. She finally ran out of steam and crashed for a nap. After her nap Nana, LSP and I went to David's Bridal to pick up a bridesmaid's gown for a wedding I am in later this month. As I was fitted for alterations Nana got a workout chasing a very charged-up two-year-old around a bridal store. She ran up and down the aisles of gowns, in and out of the changing rooms, all around woman trying on their wedding dresses. Yes, I was the woman with the out-of-control child. Yikes!

On the way home the meltdown started. A major tantrum when I wouldn't let her spit water all over the car. Once home another major meltdown when I refused to allow her to eat her crayons. She was sneaky, though. When I warned her not to eat the crayons, she hunched over the box of Crayolas and began to peel the paper off of a crayon and eat THAT. I suppose I never said not to eat the PAPER off the crayon. I guess I need to be more specific.

The Shiloh/Sarah pairing is going well, with both dogs wearing themselves out with a long play-romp in the yard this afternoon. They are very close in height and color. They look like a couple of shedding bookends.

1 comment:

  1. re toddler in a bridal shop - LOVE IT! (side note: I'm such a dunce - when your Mom wrote her Tuesday Haiku, I didn't connect the dots - ROFL!)

    ReplyDelete