Sunday, October 24, 2010

Birthday Bash - Day 154

Uncle M had a birthday last week and he and Aunt L came down today to celebrate it.  We went out to brunch in a local greasy spoon establishment that is extremely popular and usually very crowded.  Soldier-Boy and I started going there for breakfasts when we first started dating...like a million years ago.  This was LSP's first trip there.  As we waited for our food she kept saying, "Where's my dinner?  Where's my pancakes?"  When the food arrived, she tore into her pancakes with gusto.

This afternoon we were playing with the dollhouse, and she told me the Daddy had wings and was flying.  I said, "Daddy has wings?  Wow, Daddy can do anything!"  She replied with a big grin on her face, "Daddy will do anything to get Mommy!"  What the heck?  Where on earth did she hear that one?  I guess Daddy is a superhero now, saving Mommy, the damsel in distress!

All week I have been using my new cake decorating skills to come up with a cake for Uncle M.  I did a fall-themed "tableau" with a chocolate cake with fondant leaves and mini cupcakes covered in frosting to look like pumpkins.  It didn't turn out exactally as I wanted, but it turned out pretty good and looked nice.  Tasted good, too!


This was Aunt L's brunch.  A crazy amount of food.  (We all had that much, I'm not picking on Aunt L!  Hers just looked the best!)


Spinnin' on the bar stools.


How cute is that outfit??

Dancing and jumping in the kitchen.







These were all so cute I couldn't pick.  I know I am biased, but how beautiful is she??




Finished with jumping and dancing - on to spinning!


Shiloh is not amused.


Autumn Birthday Tableau



No comments:

Post a Comment