Monday, October 11, 2010

Run, Run, Run - Day 141

Big day for me!  Today I ran the Tufts 10K in downtown Boston.  I left early to drive in and met Uncle M and Aunt L who came with me and cheered me on.  It's a huge race, 7500 women running through the city.  We got the the Common where it started, got my number and had some time to check out the free and fun stuff.  Then I lined up on Beacon Street with a zillion other people.  We were off!  The weather could not have been better, 65 degrees, partly sunny, perfect!  The course was fabulous - through Beacon Hill, over the Charles River, down the river on the Cambridge side with panoramic views of the city, then back over the river on the Mass Ave bridge and up Comm Ave and back to the Common.  It was flat and fast.  I kept as steady a pace as possible with such a crowd.  I sped up in the last mile and really ran flat out for the last 1/3 of a mile and finished 3 minutes below my target time!  Yeah!  It was so easy to run and fun too!  Little kids high-fiving the runners as they passed, people with signs and lots of cheering.  What a great day!  Afterward Uncle M, Aunt L and I checked out more free stuff (hey!  Bananas!) then went back to their place where I took a shower and then we went out to eat.  It was a blast and I am glad they were there to share it with me!

Meanwhile LSP had fun at home with Nana and Grampy.  They went to a farm stand that advertised a petting zoo and fun stuff to do.  Turned out it wasn't much, so they went to a local playground instead where LSP had a ton of fun playing.  Later she got a visit from Nanny.  She was so happy to see me when I go home, she hugged and hugged me and laughed and said, "Mamma!  Mamma!"  So cute.
This was a booth where you could get your photo put on the magazine cover.  Fun!



Lining up to get ready to go.


Checking the internet while waiting for the race to start.  I need an iPhone, too!


And we're off!


Check out the cute hair.

Monkey girl!



OK these are from a few days ago but I forgot to download them until today.  Cute in Grampy's glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment