Saturday, October 23, 2010

German Girl - Day 153

Ran another 5K this morning.  This was a charity walk/run event with no bib numbers, no timing.  Most people were walking, some runners.  The start was disorganized and I ended up leaving after many of the runners had already taken off.  Still, I managed to pass most of them and finished, I think, second overall!  There was no organized finish either, so I am sort of guessing, but the pack was not too large so it was easy to keep an eye on everyone.  I was pretty pleased with that!  For anyone keeping count - that's three weeks, three races.

Tonight we took LSP to the Oktoberfest dinner at my parents' church.  They do it every year and as fate would have it, we have been here for it every year for the past 3 years.  I have a real German dirndl for LSP so she was quite the hit of the party, dancing to the oompah music and running around looking adorable. 

She still had a runny nose today, and a cough, but it didn't slow her down.  She was all over the place all day, playing and jumping.  This afternoon she was hugging my parents' dog and yelling, "Guess what?  Guess what?"  Never did figure out "what" was.

On the run today - "Hey!  It's a rock!"

She was helping me bake and was licking the beaters.  If that combination of cake batter and snot doesn't put you off cake for awhile, then you've got one heck of a strong stomach.

Dancing - please try to ignore the water she spilled on herself.

SO CUTE!



There's Soldier Boy on a board at the church with other service members the church is praying for.  Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment