Friday, October 29, 2010

Generosity - Day 159

We had a double play date this morning!  LSP's friend from gymnastics class, A, came over for some fun.  And he brought his dog with him!  I really sweet Golden Retriever named Sunny.  Shiloh and Sarah were thrilled (well, mostly Shiloh) and all raced around the yard having a grand time.  In the house, A and LSP raced around the kitchen laughing like loons.  It was fun and very cute.

This afternoon I had some errands to do, so we went to one of LSP's favorite places - the mall.  She loves the mall.  There are toys to climb on and an arcade with flashing lights and she can usually talk me into some ice cream.  As we were leaving she said to me, "I like the mall.  I had fun in the mall!"  That's quite a couple of sentences for a not-yet two-and-a-half year old.

After the mall we went to put one of the pumpkins LSP had decorated at M's headstone.  She knows it is "M's place" as we call it, and today she asked, "Where is M?"  "In heaven with God," I told her.  She thought and said, "M lives in heaven."  So now we have God, Sabot and M living in heaven.  It's getting busy up there.  She loves to play with the garden animals I put there, and on the way home she said, "Want to take the green frog to M's place."  She was talking about one of her plastic animals - a large green frog - that she likes to play with.  Can you believe it?  She said it two more times in the car, "Want to take the green frog to M."  And after we got home she went and got the frog and put it on the kitchen island, "Take the green frog to M," she demanded, "get in the car and take the green frog to M."  I told her we could go tomorrow and she was good with that.  I know she will probably forget and I am certainly not going to force her to take one of her favorite toys and leave it there, but the fact that she wanted to just brings a lump to my throat and makes me want to hug her tight.  What a wonderful little sweetie. 








No comments:

Post a Comment