Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Conversations - Day 156

LSP had a busy morning.  First was gymnastics class, followed right away by story time at the library, followed by an hour on the playground.  It was supposed to be cold and rainy here today...instead it was sunny and 75 degrees!  This afternoon we wanted to paint some pumpkins with her.  We did it last Halloween and she totally dug it.  This year she was so excited when I told her - jumping all around and begging to paint pumpkins.  We got it all set up and she painted them...for about 3 minutes.  Then it was off to play in the sandbox.  Typical toddler attention span.  She did come back later and paint some more.

At lunchtime she was telling me about a cartoon character who was playing with his daddy while his mommy watched.  Then she got quiet and asked, "Where's my Daddy?" "In Afghanistan, working," I told her.  She thought awhile and said, "My Mommy's right here."

Last week she picked up a framed photo of the dog we used to have who died of cancer when she was a baby.  I told her that was Sabot, our dog we had before.  "Where's Sabot?"  she asked.  "With God," I told her.  She thought awhile and asked, "Where does God live?"  "In heaven," I told her.  She thought a long while.  "Sabot lives with God in Heaven," she said.  I didn't think I''d have to have conversations this heavy for awhile yet!


Yes, she has no pants on.  Didn't want to get paint on them.






Ok so this photo is not going to win any awards, but check out the action - girl throwing ball, ball in midair, dog about to catch ball!  If only it were composed a little better.






She was sliding down on her stomach then laughing like crazy when she hit the ground and flopped over.  First time she flopped over by accident.  After that she went out of her way to make sure she would flop over!



No comments:

Post a Comment