Friday, July 23, 2010

Sea View - Day 61






Why does she look like she smells something bad?


Playing with seaweed.




Did you realized that beer comes in their weird aluminum bottles now? Soldier-Boy will be both fascinated and horrified.


Today LSP went to the beach. She loved it, really had a lot of fun. Grampy threw rocks in the water and she egged him on, "More!" We saw a woman swimming and LSP decided that she wanted to go into the deep water and put her head under, too. I wouldn't take her out very far and she kept demanding to go out farther and farther. She pointed out into the open ocean and said, "Want to go to THAT water." She liked when I wrote letters and numbers in the sand, and then the water would come erase them. She also discovered that she can screech just like a sea gull. Oh boy.

This afternoon She saw me painting my toenails and wanted hers done, too. So Nana painted her toenails pink! Then she wanted them red, too, so one toenail got painted red. Then she saw the copper-colored polish and wanted one that color, so she has multi-colored toenails now. Not sure if Daddy will like toenail polish on his baby girl!

Tonight I went out to dinner an dancing with a high school friend and some of her friends. Everyone was very nice and I had a good time. It's been a long time since I've done anything like that, and I'm not sure I can hang with that scene anymore (if I ever could!) One odd observation is that everyone texts all the time. Everyone in the room had a smartphone and would take it out at intervals and tap away. I went to the bathroom and accidentally opened the stall door to find a woman sitting on the toilet, texting.

No comments:

Post a Comment