Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mumble, Mumble - Day 65




The Play-Doh Grampy is sitting in the Play-Doh chair. I am not a gifted sculptor.




Yesterday Nana and I got a new sprinkler toy and this afternoon LSP had a ball playing with it outside. It may be the last late afternoon playing outside she does for awhile, though. We got an automated phone call that Eastern Equine Encephalitis was discovered in mosquitos the next town over. So no more playing outside during the buggy time. Oh goody, something else to worry about.

Had a nice long IM chat with Soldier-Boy today. So nice that we can do that! I remember his first deployment, 13 years ago where he would have to stand in line for a half and hour to make a pone call that would cost us like $2.50 a minute. Technology is wonderful!

LSP has been a singing fool lately. She sings all sorts of stuff, the words only half remembered. It is cute. Ernie's "Rubber Duckie" song goes something like this, "Rubber Duckie, [mumble, mumble] ONE! Make bathtime fun! Rubber Duckie [mumble, mumble] make NOISE!" It's very cute.

She also runs quite the creative arts sweatshop. Usually it is the coloring book and crayons. She commands me to sit in the tiny chair at her table and color. Sometimes she tells me what crayon to use and which picture to color. Then she will wander away to play with something else. My job is to sit and color. If, after 5 or 6 minutes of coloring on my own, I try to walk away, she comes and drags me back with the command, "Mommy! Color!" Today it was Play-Doh. She issued orders on what to create and what color to make them, "Make Grampy. Make a table. Make a pool. Make a 'puter. Make a PINK Grampy." Don't even think about doing something different. Personal creativity is not encouraged.

Loyal blog readers, I am going out of town to visit some family for a couple of days. It is my understanding that there is not internet where we will be staying. (The HORROR!) So there may not be any blog entries for a few days. I will update as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment