Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mosquito Magnet - Day 59

I know this is really blurry, but it is a pretty good impression of how much my little monkey moves all day long.


I came into the living room and she was all wrapped up in the blanket giggling like a crazy thing.



Well turns out that yesterday's George band-aids were only the beginning. This morning poor little LSP woke up covered in mosquito bites. Yesterday she played outside later in the day than she usually does, perhaps she got all bit up then. Or maybe one was in the room with her last night. In any case, she has several large welts on her that she just couldn't stop digging at. The fix was some anti-itch creme, mixed with some antibiotic creme for the ones she had scratched raw, topped with a George band-aid. We are very close to running out of George band-aids so I went to CVS and found some Hello Kitty ones. That will do for now. So she spent today with her arms and legs covered in bandages. Poor little monkey!

Tonight she played one of her favorite games - stinky feet. It goes like this: she lies in your lap and sticks a foot up in the air. Your role is to sniff the foot, then react with dramatic horror at the odor. She laughs like a crazy loon, then sticks up the other foot and demands that you smell that one as well. This can go on for a looooong time and tonight we all got to play.

I am writing this on Grampy's computer because mine started to have some trouble with the touch pad so I brought it to the Apple Store for a fix. The woman wrote it all up then told me it would be 1 to 3 days to fix it. "Ug," I said, then as I was leaving I added, "My husband is in Afghanistan and this is how I communicate with him." "You should have told me that right away," the Apple Store employee admonished me, and wrote "DO NOW" in big letters on the work order. "It will be the first one I work on," she said. Sure enough at 9:15 tonight they called to say my computer was done and I could get it tomorrow. Big thumbs up and a giant thank you to the folks at the Apple Store for supporting the troops and their families!

No comments:

Post a Comment