Friday, July 30, 2010

Super Nanny - Day 68

LSP, Nanny and Super Nanny!

Super Nanny makes me feel tall! (And if you know me, you know I am not. That's how tiny Super Nanny is!)

Giant Mickey Mouse shaped pancake is obscured by LSP lunging for the bacon.


Before we left for home today we went out to lunch with Soldier-Boy's grandmother, aka LSP's great-grandmother, or, as she likes to be called, Super Nanny! We had a nice time and a great lunch before we hit the road. Super Nanny is an inspiration. She just turned 90 and she still drives her own car and goes to the gym several days a week and walks her dog. Wow!

The drive home was loooong. Made longer by the accident in the carpool lane that had traffic screwed up all the way through the city. At least I wasn't in the carpool lane, like all those poor folks stuck sitting there in their beach chairs that they dragged out of the back of their vehicles. I saw one family with small kids standing on the pavement as I crept by in the slowly moving regular-lane traffic. I leaned out the window holding some bananas and yelled, "Do you need a snack?" The mother screeched in delight and the father quickly scaled the wall of the carpool lane to grab the bananas from my outstretched hand. In my rear view mirror I could see him peeling them for the kids. Glad I could help!

It was a long trip. By the last 15 or 20 miles I was singing every possible verse of "Wheels on the Bus," and then some. I was forced to make up such unlikely situations as, "The lions on the bus go roar, roar, roar..." When LSP was finally freed from the car seat she took off like a wind up toy and raced in circles all around the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment