Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Hair - Day 58







The big news around here today is that I got my hair cut and colored. A year ago I got a haircut so incredibly awful it is hard to even describe. I mean the woman doing it must have been drunk or asleep or something. It was a total mess. The worst part was the chunk of hair right on top and by my face that she cut to about 1 1/2 inches short for no apparent reason at all. Awful. Now, over a year later, that chunk is FINALLY grown out and today I got the rest of my hair evened up with it. Hurrah! Hurrah! At the same time I got some red highlights put in. I am very happy with the results and have to figure out how to convince this hairdresser to move around the world with us. Hmmm....

LSP had a fun day playing with Grampy and Uncle M who was down for a visit. He was treated to a couple of her signature swing songs. Lately she likes to make up songs while she is swinging. Usually a mishmash of connected words on a certain topic to a sing-song little tune. Today's first song was about the trees and birds. Her second song was on a topic that could not be determined. We've got to get the video camera out there soon and try to capture one.

Later she fell in the driveway and got her first set of skinned knees. They are VERY lightly skinned, not even any blood, but there was a lot of drama. We made them all better with the help of a couple of Curious George Band-Aids. Gonna have to get a suitcase full of those to take back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment